Sunday, May 15, 2011

Just what the heck is a gee-gawk?

I mentioned geegawks in the last post and a few have asked just what the heck I meant.  I do apologize for the oversight.  Actually, I think we made this word up.  Now having spent time in the Navy I know that geedunk is junk food, so it seems obvious to me that geegawks are junk that you gawk at.  But we didn't have this term in the Navy.  I just learned this term from Jengoround on our Mother's Day weekend camp out.  I had been referring to them as my dashboard treasures.  You may choose which ever name you think applies.  I will continue to think of them as treasures and will continue to add to the collection.  But Jen, I do love the word geegawks.  Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. This term was used in the lavender hill mob, and refers to souvenirs/curios ( not certain of the spelling

    ReplyDelete