Sunday, August 11, 2013

Feeling "Alien" ated

Roswell is a town unafraid of embracing its past no matter how "alien" it may seem.  Think Area 51.  Roswell, 1947.  This is a quirky little city and I like the feel of it very much.  Not too big.  Not too small.  Friendly folks everywhere I went.  And while I spent most of my time at the state park or out seeing sites within a short drive of Roswell, I did take a couple of days to just see Roswell.  I laughed a lot of the time there too.  How can you not laugh at things like Alien City Florist or mailboxes painted up like R2D2?  So here's a picture tour of a city that is just too much fun.  And if you have no plans yet for next July 4th week, try coming to the UFO Festival here.  I hear it's (groan) OUT OF THIS WORLD!


 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment