Sunday, December 23, 2012

Updates

OK, it's been a busy week, so for those of you who don't follow me on Facebook I thought I'd do an update.

Linda has moved to cardiac stepdown which she enjoys much more than ICU.  Most of her tubes are removed and she is making short walks in the hallway, sitting up in a chair, and showing good signs of improvement.  She looks really good for someone who was so sick.

Young Michaela Riggan is even more adorable if that is even possible.  I stopped by the house tonight on my way home and using my special great aunt powers managed to rouse her from a nap and get her eyes open before she began to cry for mommy.  That was so much fun.

The big news is no snow for Christmas!  I am so glad.  Today was unusually warm for December and after a brief visit with Linda I took advantage of the sunshine to go hiking.  It was so good to be in the woods walking.  Saw several eastern bluebirds and some deer.  Also saw 2 ticks!  Well, if I want to be somewhere warm I have to put up with that I guess. 

So, Linda probably won't be home before the 26th or so.  We've agreed to postpone Christmas.  Not that it matters to me.  I will be happy to have her home and see Mike relax a bit.  And after the New Year's traffic has cooled off and she's home and comfortable I am headed south because I know these warmer temps won't last up here.

1 comment:

  1. Great news...so happy for you and your family. You can have a great celebration on the 26th or 27th.

    ReplyDelete