Monday, October 8, 2012

The Wedding That Wasn't

  On Saturday we drove out to Georgetown Island to GreyHavens Inn.  This was to be the location for the wedding of my niece and her fiance.  I hope that he is home from the hospital by now and can't wait to see what new, exciting location the rescheduled wedding will be set in.  The views along the drive from Bath to the island were exactly what you would expect for a Maine island in the fall. 
 
 
 
We met the inn owner and enjoyed a visit with her as we toured the inn. I could just imagine how it would have been as we sat on the deck looking out to the shimmering water. So it was not meant to be this time. But I did have a beautiful trip to see New England at its finest time of the year. That was my wedding gift to me.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment