Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Visiting Home

I realize it's been a little while since my last post.  So what have I been up to that has kept me from my blog?  Visiting, just visiting.  After leaving Lake Gunthersville in Alabama, it was a short drive north to Hohenwald.  I spent one night in a pull through site at Merriwether Lewis Forest and left out the next morning for Nashville.  Actually I was in Lavergne which is just outside of Nashville.  The Corps of Engineers has a very nice campground on the banks of Percy Priest and it was just close enough that I could run into Nashville on business easily and then return to my campsite to watch the sun go down on the lake. 

Spent a very peaceful week on the lake with visits into Nashville each day to take care of some business, but always back at camp in time for sunset on the lake.  My good friend Ann came out one evening to make plans for our planned trip to Maine.  Another night big brother Clint came out for dinner and to fix a couple of things on Seeker (she was only squirting windshield washer fluid out on one side of the windshield).  He also checked under the hood and deemed all in good order for continued travels.  He is my go to guy for anything about vehicles.  Afterwards we cooked fish and stuffed mushrooms on the grill and sat and chatted while watching the sun go down on the lake.  It was one of the best days I've had in a long time.  I was reminded of our childhood summers camping on Old Hickory Lake, except that Clint and I didn't chat so much then (he pretty much ignored me or tortured me depending on the mood of the moment).  I think I was also reminded of our childhood by looking at him.  HE LOOKS GREAT!  He has dropped 3 pant sizes in the last 6 months and while he looked just fine before, he looks so much younger now.  I can't get over the change.  I was so enthralled in fact that I forgot to take his picture.  I promise to get one before I leave Nashville.

As Friday dawned the campground went from pleasant and almost empty to filling up and noisy.  Well, if I'm going to be around a noisy crowd I may as well be with family, so I broke camp and headed to the Johns home in Hohenwald.  For 10 days it was never a dull moment with grandkids, neices, nephews, aunts, uncles, and plenty of friends to see and talk to.  Ballgames, hikes, shopping, and lots of eating kept me busy.  Also got the oil changed and tires rotated on the little orange toad while I was there.  My favorite son-in-law takes care of me good in that department.  But eventually I needed a little quiet to get ready for my trip to Maine for Cayce's wedding.

I'll end this post as I finish packing my suitcase at Brenda's house in Nashville and gathering all I need to go through airport security (makes traveling in the rv seem like a breeze).  Stay tuned for updates and some unexpected wedding news from Maine!

No comments:

Post a Comment