Monday, July 18, 2011

Home at Last... Well, almost

Brenda (the Goddess) says that it feels good to breath Tennessee air again.  While I admit that there is some satisfaction in knowing that we have returned to home soil pretty much unscathed, I don't know about the air.  It was hot and muggy in NY, CT, RI, MASS, and pretty much every other state we visited and it's hot and muggy here.  But we are once again in Tennessee tonight and tomorrow I will be home again - for a while.

So, what have we accomplished in the last 3 and a half weeks?  3,242 miles added to Seeker's odometer; a new appreciation for home and the way we are used to things, and lots of sometimes hilarious sometimes scary adventures.  I have tried to share most of them here in this blog without going past a PG rating.  Did I remember to tell you about spilling my beer into my computer keyboard in Salisbury?  As you can see, it survived but I swear I don't know how.  And after the third time of killing the battery in my toad I have resolved to buy my own jump starter kit and just carry it in the back seat.  Oh I have grown so much in these last weeks.

So we are back in Tennessee.  In Gallatin to be exact.  I discovered that my new friend Carolyn who is also a blogger (http://sunshinecruisertn.blogspot.com/) and my inspiration for full time rving was camping at Cages Bend COE so we found a spot near hers and have been visiting and just unwinding a bit for now.  Even got the kayak out on the lake today and took Gus for a ride.  Carolyn has been living rull time in her rv since she retired a couple of years ago.  The Goddess told me about her blog about a year and a half ago and I started reading hers and some other female rv bloggers.  Then last year I actually drove down to Huntsville, AL to one of their get togethers to meet these ladies.  They were so sweet and answered lots of questions for me.  And now that I am retired and have my rv I have even more questions for Carolyn.  And she is always there with answers.  Lucky I have her to go to.

So what's next?  Will I be in Nashville long?  Hmmmmmm......

Answers to these and other questions that so many want to know will be in the next blog entry, I promise.

Stay safe.

1 comment:

  1. It was good to see you and hear about your antics. Gosh, you have been to a lot of places in a short period of time. Maybe one day I'll branch out too. Thanks for some good vittles.

    ReplyDelete