Thursday, May 30, 2013

Making Lemonade

You know, when life gives you lemons you're supposed to make lemonade.  So I'm doing my best to get some joy out of this lemon of a job I took on.  Well, really, it's probably not such a bad job for some people.  It's just not a great job for me.  I'd prefer to be off in some remote state park.  But I'm here in the metropolis of Gore (population 900) working at a family destination camp.  So how do I make the best of it?  I started looking around the area to see what's out there to see on my days off.  And guess what I found in Muskogee right next door to the VA hospital? 




 
Ok, I guess I should explain that I was at the VA because I slightly injured my medial meniscus.  No big deal it seems.  Just more of an inconvenience so far.  And not enough of one to keep me from the museum.  Especially since it's practically on the campus with the hospital.  Seems the building was a part of the hospital for a while.  I guess it was a good thing that it was small since after all I did at the hospital I was kind of tired.  Still it was cool to see a little piece of Native American history right there at the VA!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment