Saturday, January 26, 2013

Jonathan Dickinson State Park

 
 

 


A little beauty in the jungle
I was out riding my bike on the Old Dixie Highway
when the circus train  came through the park!
This past week was my first experience at a Florida state park, and I loved it.  The rangers and volunteers were happy and helpful.  The park was really clean.  The trails were well maintained and a good mix of old pavement 


The property was an army post during WWII and many
of the old buildings are still there. Even one
of the ranger residences is an old army building.
(the old Dixie highway came through the park property and is now part of a bike trail), hard packed ground, and sand including sugar sand (for walking your bike through). 
One of the sandy trails
I hiked, biked, and of course there was that paddle down the river.  A great week of geocaching and being with friends old and new.  Would love to come back to this park but I will have to remember to make reservations well in advance as it stays full in the winter and for good reason.
An uninvited guest



No comments:

Post a Comment