Monday, January 14, 2013

Thinking of Will

In the last year or so I've reconnected with and enjoyed a lot of time visiting my cousin Madeline Ruth and her family in the Glasgow, KY area.  One of my "chores" while I'm there is to entertain the boys:  Lane, the trickster who loves to explore (especially in my camper), my geocaching buddy John Thomas, and Will, the master birder.  To be more exact, Will loves bird nests.  He will spend hours studying a nest high up in a tree until he finds a way to get it down and into his collection.  Now I'm a bit of a birdwatcher myself but not into collecting the nests.  But Will, if you're reading this post, I do hope you enjoy seeing the wonderful birds of Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge!



Tri Colored Heron
A sly gator trying to sneak up on lunch


A manatee dragging a marker buoy


A pair of Roseate Spoonbills. 


Snowy egrets on a windy day


This pair of wood storks are a rare sighting


No comments:

Post a Comment